On the 9th and 10th of March 2017, CPC in collaboration with Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Kosovo (MEST) organized training on “Writing Competitive Proposals for EU funded Projects” in Prishtina, Kosovo.
The training, which was convened especially for Kosovar researchers, gathered participants from public and private higher education institutions, think tanks and other research institutions. The Spanish experts in EU Projects, Mrs. Eva Garea Oya, University of Vigo, and Mr. Rafael de Paz, University of Leon, conducted this two-day training.
The main objective of this training was to enhance participants’ skills and knowledge on how to design competitive projects within the scope of the EU calls. Moreover, this training helped participants to identify EU project schemes and to understand the technical and budgetary aspects of the EU funded projects.
At the two day training participated in total twenty people, coming from various institutions in Kosovo. Throughout the training, there were several practical examples and interactions among trainers and the participants, which methodology was well received and appreciated. As for the statistics of the evaluation questionnaire over 65% of the participants were very satisfied with the training while the rest (35%) declared themselves as satisfied with the quality and organization of the training.
During the training relevant EU funding sources were analyzed relevant as well as, the project cycle and approaches, setting a new EU project, formulation and project design. In addition, the training offered an emphasis to the project impact, working packages, financing, and budgetary aspects as well as project implementation phases.